Monday, August 13, 2012

2 MORE MONTHS!!!

Normally, a blog post like "2 MORE MONTHS" might indicate to a reader that there are only two measly months that stand between the blogger and their "big" race.

Not me.

While running is still high on the list, marrying the man of my dreams will always beat it for the top spot on the list.

In fact, I'm pretty sure I've been getting more excited every day to go work on wedding stuff instead of run.  I didn't ever think this would happen, but I am pretty sure of the reason:

I am an overachiever.

When I see that "To Do" list on The Knot (http://planning.theknot.com/wedding-checklist/due-date/all), I can't help but want to put a check mark in the box and watch it disappear, smiling with satisfaction.

So, that being said, this week my running did not suffer.  My biking did, but that's a whole other story.  In fact, my workouts went really well this week.

Monday: 8miles, lift, swam
Tuesday:bike workout followed by an easy 4mile run
Wednesday: easy 6, lift, and classes at school!
Thursday: 6x3min run@5k, 5min bike @race pace, 5min recovery spin. brick workout.
Friday: 6miles, barefoot strides
Saturday: 15miles with Matt, Carter (Ryan's nephew)'s first birthday!!!!!!!!! big party!!!!!!!!
Sunday: supposed to be 3hour ride followed by 5miles....ran 7miles.

Ryan and me at Carter's birthday party!

Since Ryan and I are SO close to being able to finally move into our house, we figured we needed to make our house look presentable as Carter's first birthday party was going to be on Saturday night.  Yes, Ryan and I are next door neighbors to his brother and sister-in-law. So, I realistically should have done a double or two this week to hit my mileage goal of 60miles, but making the house look presentable was about 100 times more important.  This is just the kitchen view as we will show off the WHOLE house once it's complete, but here's a sneak peek at our work...

 Baking cabinets....these will most definitely be getting the most use from me:)
 Our beautiful dinnerwear, glasses, roaster and crock pot. Oh and the signs are adorable:)
Not surprising that this was the first thing we hung up!

It's been a lot of hard work, especially by Ryan, but when we move in, it'll all be worth it.  Our friends and family were very excited to have tours of the house and just couldn't believe how much work we got done, so that made all of the stressing and worrying over smaller details worth it.

This week is the last full week that I'll have off before school starts next week.  I am SO very excited to meet my students and the rest of the staff.  I can't help but "light up the room" when I talk about (or even just think about) my new job.  This year has truly been incredible and I am so blessed to have such wonderful friends and family to share it with.

I promise my next post will be more entertaining with workouts...it's crazy not to have a race at all in August, so this blog seems to have turned a bit into teaching/wedding/house related content!  Good luck to all of my fellow teachers starting school this week--let's make this year the best one yet!

No comments: